2015 Christmas Cards

Hi Crafters,
I wanted to share this year's Christmas cards I made. Each year I like to come up for 4 designs to make and sell. I made 350 of these cards which took me about a month.


There was some major mass producing going on. I even recruited my sister to help me while I was visiting her over Thanksgiving. She was a big help with the "Happy Holidays" card.

When I'm thinking about the layout of a card, I know I want it to be quick to mass produce, but still look nice. So when I made just one of these cards, I thought these were simple and would be quick to mass produce, especially the " Happy Holidays" one.

Wrong!!...HAHA

The only one that was quick, was the snowman card. This card was made using this Stampin Up stamp set. I got the idea from Stampin Up, but added my twist.


The others had too many steps. So my advice crafters, is when you want to mass produce cards, think twice what you may think that would be quick to make. Once I got my groove and figured out my steps for assembling each card, it went fairly smooth. For the circle tree card, I made myself a template so my trees always looked like a tree. I used the template to strategically place some of the circles so I could place the remaining circles without the template.
 
This card took the longest, way too many steps. But I'm sure you know when you are working on a project and you're just not happy with it and you think it needs something else. Well it was like that with this card. I ended up using an embossing folder on the each layer of the flower to add texture. But I still wasn't happy, I felt it needed something more. So I ended up inking the 3 layers of the flower with just not one, but 2 colors of inks. I used Vintage Photo and Red Barn by Tim Holtz to give the petals more dimension. The poinsettia die is also by TH

 
 
I already have ideas for next year's cards, but I think I will start making them in July!
Happy Crafting

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards; put me down for 3 sets next year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog