Bridal Junk Journal

Hello Crafters,
I wanted to share my 2nd junk journal I made from a hardcover book. A friend ordered one from me, to give as a bridal shower gift. I found the perfect title book at a thrift shop for 25 cents. It was the right title, color and was in great shape. This was my color inspiration for the journal.

Wedding Colours. Creamy peachy pinks with grey and taupe.:

 
The book was perfect except it was too thin. So I took the book apart and re-constructed the book with a larger spine made from chipboard and duct tape. I found a color of duct tape that matched the book cover, but in the end, not much of the duct tape is visible.
 

 When I stitched in the 3 signatures, I hid the stitching on the inside of the book instead of stitching into the spine. The center of each signature, I made a pocket to hide the stitching knots.
 


 
I left space between the signatures for when the book was being used it had space to expand. But I didn't like seeing the plain paper so I added lace trim, it was the perfect width. Then I just wrapped it around the spine and tied seam binding and ribbon around it. Perfect solution.
 


Some may not know what a junk journal is used for, so I created a little "How To Use" this journal. So when the bride gets this gift, she will know what to do with it.
 
 
 For my second hardcover junk journal, I was happy on the results, these are fun to make. I have learned some tips and tricks when I made this one. I will have to post my first one I made. I made it for myself and made several mistakes. I get my inspiration from so many creative YouTube crafters. Some of my favorite channels are; EphemerasGarden , delygirl1961, Poketfullofvintage
I learned a lot from these ladies on junk journals.
 



 I need to get better at filming and get a camera. I film with one hand using my iphone. I need to research on how to make a video for YouTube. I'm sure there is a book For Dummies out there on this. Ha Ha

As can see from this video I need help. Here is the finished journal. Thank you for stopping by, enjoy!
Z

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 Christmas Cards