Shout out to my creative inspiration

Hello from the Nook.

I wanted to give a shout out to some of my favorite creative designers. I follow them and get to know them through their blogs and YouTube channels. We all have some sort of icon we follow, whether it's a music, actor or athlete, mine happens to be crafting designers. They are the ones that develop and design all the tools and supplies we use to be create our masterpieces. They make is easy for us by designing beautiful papers, embellishments and the tools we spend our hard earned money on and sometimes we spend too much! Some crafters can relate to hoarding some supplies and saving them for that special project...HaHa. I'm getting better at using what I have, because I'm tired of my crafting supplies taking over my guest room :).

I even got to meet some my icons at my last job. Some co-workers teased me, because I was acting all silly and giddy because I got to meet Tim Holtz. He was at the company I worked at on business and I got to meet him twice and participate in a mini class both times.


 Then I got to meet Teresa Collins, which I was equally excited to meet. She spoke at the company's women in leadership event. I met her and had my photo taken with her. She even posted the photo of us on her blog and I was impressed she remembered my name.
I would love to go to CHA (Craft and hobby vendor event) and meet some of my other favs like
Amy Tangerine http://www.amytangerine.com/. Amy's husband is from Pittsburgh, so I keep trying to get her to do a meet up when she is there. I love her simplicity of documenting/scrapbooking those special memories. Thanks to Amy, I have started to journal using water colors and keeping things simple sometimes.

Another fav is Heidi Swapp http://heidiswapp.com/, not only do I admire her creativity and her products, I admire her strength and courage to go on after her teenager son committed suicide last year. You get know these designers through their blog and YouTube, and you think, or at least I think, they have the perfect life, they are doing what they love best and they have beautiful families. But that is not always the case, we all have some struggles even though it may look picture perfect to an outsider. Heidi Swapp shares her story with all her fans on her blog about her son which takes courage and strength.

I think creative people inspire each other and I get so much inspiration from other crafters on YouTube. I have my favs I follow and they are from all over the world. So here are some talented crafters.

Vicky Papaioannou from Greece. I have been wanting to try some mixed media projects and I'm inspired by her projects.
PootlesPapercraft  from England and fellow Stampin Up demonstrator
lartevistadame from Italy, her vids are in Italian, but I seem to understand what she's talking about.
jennibellie from England, another mixed media artist
Jennifer McGuire Ink,
thefrugalcrafter Lindsay Weirich                   

Ok by now you probably figured out I'm a YouTube junkie. Instead of reading a book before bed I watch YouTube to help me fall asleep. Besides crafting vids, I have some other channels I watch...

Melissa Autry this girl is crazy in her beauty vids, love watching her though
Samantha Schuerman and theschuermanshow   make up and family vlog
Dominique Sachse beauty
Laura Lee another crazy beauty tuber

If you have time check out some these channels.

Have a great creative inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 Christmas Cards